Thursday, October 30, 2014

God Is a Hands on God and He Loves Us

Raggedy Ann's Wishing Pebble

God is a hands on God and he loves us, and He hears and answers our prayers. 

When I was little, Nana Pills had read me a bedtime story and then it was time for me to say my prayers. The story had been about Raggedy Ann and Andy getting some magic wishing pebbles from a tin soldier or something like that. 

So when I said my prayers I asked Heavenly Father for a dozen magic pebbles so all of my wishes would come true.  

Nana assured me that I wouldn't be getting those magic pebbles and it was selfish to pray for them.

More recently I have learned that to pray for a good wind for myself might mean a bad wind for my neighbor.

So praying for the best wind for all concerned and to have the Lord's will be done is the best.

Love,
Grammy T.

No comments: