Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Let's Make a Sleeve

One of the quilts I'll be hanging is from the 
Cottage Garden Collection 
by Riley Blake.

Mine is called 
"Cottage Garden Orange Peels"

Here is the back.
This quilt was quilted by me and Stacey Simmons
it is for my sister in law
 but the real show quilt is being quilted by 


This is the certificate from MQG.
I didn't get one but bought my own fabric.


So now lets's make a hanging sleeve, a four inch quilt hanging sleeve to be exact. When quilts are hung at quilt shows they have to have a hanging sleeve on them. I have never made a sleeve until now and I really love the way that this video shows us how to do it. It is so easy when done this way.

Cut 81/2 inches by the width of your quilt top. So 81/2 by 60 as an example.
Now follow the instructions in the video and walaa you have a quilt sleeve.

Never fear my little Quilty's "If there is a will, there is a way."

Love,
Grammy T.

2 comments:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

What a pretty quilt - definitely worth showing off on the wall!

Bev said...

Very pretty quilt-both front and back!